Our website may also contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own policies, which Adapteo has no control over. You should carefully evaluate the policies of these websites before submitting any personal data to them.
1 Information we collect
The types of personal data that we collect depends on your use of our website and include both data that you provide to us and data that our website collects automatically. Provision of the personal data is voluntary.
- Upon your visit on our website, we may automatically collect device specific information, such as the IP or MAC address of your device. This type of information is primarily used to communicate with your device and to ensure that the website’s content is presented as effectively as possible.
- If you choose to subscribe to our news or press releases, you will be asked to provide certain personal data about yourself, such as your name and email address. This type of information is used to provide the content that you have requested.
2 Purposes for the processing and legal basis
We only process your personal data for purposes which you have specifically consented to or that are necessary to fulfil legitimate interests. We do not use automated processes to make decisions that significantly affect you.
Purposes you may consent to:
- The provision of cookie data to (i) enable/analyse the provision of third party functionalities, such as social media plugins and (ii) improve of your user experience by analysing your use of our website.
Purposes that are necessary for Adapteo’s legitimate interests:
- Provision of the website and any content to which you have subscribed, including use of data obtained by technical session cookies and such;
- Personalisation of your user experience, such as the language of our website;
- Responding to inquiries from you or the authorities;
- Compliance with legal obligations;
- Protection and enforcement of our rights and interests;
- Fulfilment of legitimate business needs, including the operation and development of business.
3 Recipients of your information
We share your personal data with others only under the following circumstances:
- Where necessary for the purposes outlined in section 2 above, we may share your personal data with companies that are part of the same group of companies as Adapteo or that associated are with Adapteo, as well as with IT service provides and other companies that we cooperate with.
- In the event we sell or buy any assets, we may to the extent necessary to fulfil our legitimate business needs disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of the assets. If a third party acquires Adapteo or its assets, we may transfer your personal data to the buyer.
- Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, respond to an inquiry or to protect or enforce our rights, we may also disclose your personal data to the authorities.
4 Transfers to third countries
We strive to always process your personal data within the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA). Your personal data may be transferred to a country outside of the EU/EEA only if it is necessary for the purposes outlined in section 2 above.
When your personal data is transferred to a non-EU/EEA country that does not ensure an adequate level of personal data protection, we generally use the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses to ensure that your data is treated in accordance with the law and this policy. For transfers to U.S. recipients subject to the Privacy Shield Framework, we may alternatively rely on this framework to safeguard your personal data.
If you have any questions regarding the safeguards we have implemented or would like to request a copy of them, you are welcome to contact us at [email address].
5 Retention of your information
We will store the information necessary to provide you with the content that you have requested for as long as you wish to receive the content. [Data obtained through session cookies will be destroyed after you end your website session. Cookie data required to enable certain function are stored as long as you wish to make use of such functionality.] Any other personal data we hold will be removed from our systems, databases and backups when we no longer need them for the purposes outlined in section 2 above.
6 Your rights
You have a right to access and obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you, and where the processing is performed on the basis of your consent, to request to receive a copy of personal data that you have submitted to us in a commonly used, machine-readable format. You may also request us to delete your personal data or to rectify incorrect personal data.
Insofar as we process your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, you have the right to object such processing.
Where we process your personal data based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw it at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal. With regard to cookies our website has stored on your device, you may to do so by deleting them through your browser settings.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a supervisory authority.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your personal data, or you wish to exercise your rights as the data subject, you are welcome to contact us at [email address].