Adapteo launches Solar Power as a Service
Today, Adapteo premier launches an easy-to-use, add-on solar power service. This is the result of Adapteo’s commitment to making solar energy accessible for temporary buildings. It enables Adapteo’s customers – such as schools, care centres, and offices – to immediately decrease the carbon footprint related to energy consumed and enjoy the benefits of producing renewable energy. With the launch of Solar Power as a Service, Adapteo also introduces Adapteo Essentials – a new product portfolio including optional add-on solutions and services available for all Adapteo customers.
Adapteo, a leading partner in adaptable and circular building solutions in Northern and Western Europe, has now made it easy to install solar panels on temporary buildings. The uniquely designed mounting system enables the solar panels to be installed on flat roofs with optimal sun absorption. The system can be mounted, dismounted and re-mounted again, creating a circular system, as is central to all Adapteo operations.
“The launch of Solar Power as a Service marks an important milestone for Adapteo’s long-term focus in making modular buildings more sustainable, creating benefits for both our customers and the planet. In the development of the service, we have implemented several solar panel projects with our customers around Europe with promising results. Now, we are very excited to roll out the service and make it accessible to all our customers”, says Johanna Persson, President and CEO of Adapteo Group.
One of Adapteo’s implemented solar panel projects is in Rødby, Denmark. The project consists of 500 modules that will house workers who have temporarily moved to Rødby to work on a construction site in the area. The temporary energy-saving camp has achieved a low-energy certification as the largest camp in Denmark for that type of construction by using solar panels and heat pumps. To completely avoid build-in district heating, Adapteo has installed 1,200 solar panels which are estimated to reduce the need for electricity from the grid by 50%.
“Adapteo currently has a portfolio of 1.3M square meters of modular buildings. Imagine the potential in generating electricity if solar panels were the standard solution and set up on all the roofs! If, for example, our module C90 has solar panels and an air to water heat pump, the energy consumption can be cut in half compared to direct energy. This is an enormous untapped potential for environmental benefits and considerable added value for our customers”, says Douglas Källsbo, Environmental Engineer at Adapteo.
Solar Power as a Service is now available for all Adapteo’s customers, for both existing and planned modular buildings. Adapteo takes care of everything from mounting and dismounting the system, as well as installation, to make sure that it is ready to produce electricity.
Adapteo’s launch of Solar Power as a Service is part of the launch of Adapteo Essentials – a new portfolio of optional add-on solutions and services available for all Adapteo’s customers. In addition to solar panels, Adapteo Essentials also includes solutions and services such as Facility Management Services, Education and Office Equipment, Heating Pumps and more. You can read about all available solutions from Adapteo Essential on: adapteo.com/adapteo-essentials
About Adapteo Solar Power as a Service
- With Solar Power as a Service all Adapteo buildings, such as schools, care centres and offices, can be equipped with solar panels providing energy to the end-user.
- Adapteo takes care of everything from pre- and end-application to the grid owner. Installation with a certified electrician puts the system into operation and provides data on energy production. The customer pays a fixed price per month to their ordinary rental*.
- The system is designed to be mounted on flat roofs in an east-west position, which optimises the daily electricity production curve against the curve of normal use. It ensures that most of the energy produced is used most efficiently, directly in the building.
- The system can supply surplus energy to other buildings connected to the same main fuse and the electricity grid. Making it possible to use the electricity from the solar cells also in the surrounding buildings and to start selling energy to the electricity grid.
- The solar panels can be mounted, dismounted and re-mounted again to other Adapteo buildings, creating a circular system, as is central to all Adapteo operations.
- Adapteo Solar Power as a Service can be combined with other additional services such as Waterborne Heating for further energy optimization.
For more information, please contact:
Erika Regnér, PR & Communications Manager, Adapteo Group, firstname.lastname@example.org ,+46 73 841 81 02
Adapteo in brief
Adapteo is the leading adaptable space partner in Northern Europe. We develop, build, rent out and sell adaptable buildings for schools, daycares, care centres, offices, and accommodation. With our modular and circular building solutions, our customers can transform, repurpose, scale up and scale down based on their changing needs. That is how we build adaptable and sustainable societies. Adapteo has a building portfolio of 1.4 million square metres and operates in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and Lithuania. A majority of our revenues is generated by rental contracts from the public sector.